Vampires are one of the more common and organized of the non-human species living among humanity. They are also one of the most terrifying. Over time, they have adapted different ways to hunt human prey and protect themselves, resulting in varying kinds of vampires.
Nobody is really sure where vampires came from. Most information point to the modern vampire first appearing around 30 BC in Eastern Europe, and spreading out from there. In the modern day, vampires can be found everywhere there are humans. Though the vast majority prefer cities, there are still some who prefer isolation.
Vampires have organized their own kind of government, called The Vampire Courts. This allows them legitimate political power when dealing with other supernatural forces. For the most part they deal with any vampires that go rogue or risk exposing the supernatural, but there are reports that they have been responsible for some of these outbreaks.
Vampire [ 100 ]
Attributes: ST+2 [ 20 ], DX+1 [ 20 ], Per+2 [ 10 ], BS+0.50 [ 10 ]
Advantages: Can Burn HP for effort [ 1 ], Doesn’t Breathe [ 20 ], Teeth (Fangs) [ 2 ], High Pain Threshold [ 10 ], Immune to Metabolic Hazards [ 30 ], Injury Tolerance (Unliving) [ 20 ], Night Vision 9 [ 9 ], Unaging [ 15 ], Unkillable 1 (Achilles’ Heel, Fire, Stake, or Sun -50%) [ 25 ], Vampiric Bite [ 30 ]
Options: Choose 1
- Mind Control (Blood Agent, -40%, Suggestion, -40%) [ 10 ] and Mind Probe (Blood Agent, -40%; Takes extra time, -10%) [ 10 ]
- Clinging [ 20 ]
- Discriminatory Smell (Emotion sense, +50%; Humans only -10%) [ 21 ] and Dislikes (Stink) [ -1 ]
- Claws (Sharp) [ 5 ] and Striking ST+3 [ 15 ]
- Alternate Form (Bat; Reduced time 2 +40%) [ 21 ] and Congenial [ -1 ]
- Magery 2 [ 25 ] and Loner (12) [ -5 ]
- Aura Reading (Detect (Sentient Beings; Analysis Only, -50%; Magic, -10%; Vision-Based, -20%) [ 6 ] and Empathy (Magic, -10%) [ 14 ])
- Transformation (Bat or Wolf) (Alternate Form (Bat/Wolf; Reduced time 2 +40%) [ 21 ], Congenial [ -1 ])
- Mind Reading/Control (Mind Control (Blood Agent, -40%, Suggestion, -40%) [ 10 ], Mind Probe (Blood Agent, -40%; Takes extra time, -10%) [ 10 ])
- 9. Future Reading (Precognition (Mortals & Vampires only -10%; Active only, -60%; Magic, -10%; Reduced time 1, +20; Reliable 8, +40%) 20)
- Memory Alteration (Mind Control (Conditioning only, -50%; Accessibility (Alter memories only) -10%) [ 20 ]
- Morph (Cosmetic, -50%; Glamour, -10%; Retains Shape, -20%) [ 20 ]
Disadvantages: Bad Temper (12) or Berserk (12) or Bloodlust (12) [ -10 ], Divine Curse (Can’t enter a home without permission) [ -5 ], Draining (Blood) [ -5 ], Infectious Attack (Rise as zombies when killed) [ -5 ], Restricted Diet (Blood) [ -10 ], Revulsion (Garlic) [ -5 ], Supernatural Features (No Body Heat*, Pallor*) [ -6 ], Unhealing (Partial) [ -20 ], Vulnerable (Fire x2) [ -30 ], Weakness (Sunlight, Variable, 1d/min) [ -36 ], Weakness (Contact with holy stuff, 1d/min) [ -10 ]
Features: Affected by True Faith and Path of Undead (instead of Body/Mind) magic; Cannot use holy items; Neither has nor uses FP; Sterile.